Saturday, March 05, 2005

Psych Rock And Such


Jungle - Self Titled 1969

What up. Good looks to those who recommended me those movies in my last post, I'm gonna keep an eye out. Anyone up on psychedelic rock? I don't know a whole lot about it, but I've been bumpin some Animated Egg lately while getting nice. This track here is something you can drink to. It almost sounds like a Boogaloo Joe Jones (guitar player) cover. From what I understand this is a pretty rare LP (Animated Egg - Self Titled 1969), I can't find any more info on this group. If anyone has some knowledge about them feel free to post a comment. The LP overall isn't bad, there's a few stand out tracks but for the price the OG vinyl is going for, I don't think I'd do it. I like the spacey psych rock, this is kinda uptempo and raw. I paid $4, if you can get it that cheap I don't need to tell you what to do...and if you really want to hear the album, here's the reissued CD on ebay (boooo)

Next on the psych rock menu is Jungle. This self titled LP is off the hook, and also extremely rare. Nobody knows shit about this band except that they got together and recorded one album in 1969. And man, what an album. This track has one of the illest lead ins I've ever heard, and it's not even the hottest track on the ELP. The album on the whole is more downtempo and 'psychedelic' then the Animated Egg, which I like. If you ever come across this in your digs I'd definitely recommend picking it up

Last once again, the hip hop tape rip of the day. Today it's some Wu flava- Cappadonna and UGod - If Its Alright With You ...this was on the Great White Hype soundtrack, and is an overlooked gem. Rza laces (in my opinion) one of his rawest beats ever on this one. Cappa and UGod drop solid verses too. Download it like it's hot